Websites get hacked every day. In fact, thousands of websites get hacked every minute!
That is both mind boggling and scary at the same time.
So what do you do?
Can you secure your WordPress website yourself?
Sure you can. It takes time … time to learn how to do it and time to actually do it. Do you have that kind of time?
It’s time you could be spending growing your business … building relationships with your customers, staff and partners.
The technology keeps evolving and that requires keeping up with trends and developments.
But yes, you could do it.
At a bare minimum, you could add a layer of security by
- Using strong passwords
- Not using admin or administrator as your login username
- Updating your plugins, themes, and WordPress core
- Backing up your site and storing the backup offsite
Will you remember to do it?
Time gets away from us so easily. Days, weeks, or even months can go by in the blink of an eye. It may seem like you checked it yesterday, but it’s been much, much longer than that.
- You could set a reminder somehow
- Maybe you could send yourself an email
- Or put it on your calendar.
But even then, unless you place importance on it, it’s easy to set it aside.
I know you have good intentions. You know that taking care of it will decrease your chances of being hacked.
But will you follow through?
Hackers look for low hanging fruit (the easy ones to access) and they don’t have to look far to find it.
You could hire someone to do it for you. Someone who:
- will remember to do it.
- knows what to do if there’s a conflict when making the updates.
- knows how to restore your site if it DOES get hacked.
I can help!
If you’re ready to get started, head over to learn more about my Peace of Mind plan.
Leave a Reply