Yoast SEO feels very strongly about not using sliders on websites. Yet I’m sure you have seen plenty of websites that use them.
SEO experts and conversion experts agree that 99% of the time sliders have little use. Yet web developers often insist on using them. Science is inclusive in their findings that sliders are not a good idea.
Let’s look at some of the findings:
- Only 1% of the people actually click on a slide, which almost always was the first slide;
- Sliders confuse people, as you’re sending multiple offers they may or may not be interested in at once;
- People simply ignore your slider, because it triggers banner blindness;
- On that same note, visitors just don’t get the message because they will skip the messages in your slider as they consider it advertisement or promotions;
- They slow down your site, negatively impacting your SEO and conversion rate;
- Sliders don’t always work well on mobile devices;
- They push down your content, which is not smart, as Google already mentioned in 2012;
- It’s most probably as effective to use just one image instead of putting all that effort in slider plugins and images.
Read the opinions of the experts and see if you still want to add a slider to your website.