All work and no play makes Jack (or Jill) a dull boy (girl). You’ve heard that before, but do you abide by it? It’s so easy to get so caught up in work that you forget to take time to recharge and to nurture relationships, especially family.
In his article, “Adopt These 12 Habits for a Better Work-Life Balance,” Sujan Patel suggests a few things you can do to get or maintain a better balance between work and life.
1. Understand what “balance” means.
2. Let go of fear.
3. Schedule important personal activities.
4. Set boundaries.
5. Think carefully about where you live.
6. Turn off technology.
7. Manage your energy, not your time. I love this piece of advise: “schedule your tasks according to your energy.”
8. Schedule vacation time.
9. Join social groups.
10. Delegate household tasks.
11. Use calendar blocks for laser focus.
12. Limit your work hours.
Work-life balance is a way of making sure that both your work priorities and your personal priorities are being met… in developing the 12 habits listed above, you’ll be well on your way to developing and maintaining a great work-life balance.
Read the full article here.
Leave a Reply