You know you need a website, but now you’re wondering if you should hire a professional or try to do it yourself.
I love WordPress because it empowers companies and individuals to maintain their own website. They can keep their content current by updating it themselves, moderate comments, add blog posts, and add photos.
But people have been led to believe that anyone can do it. Sure, you don’t need to be a programmer, though it helps to know some HTML and CSS. If you’re not tech savvy, you could make a mess of your site. Even if you are tech savvy, you may not know the basics of design and layout.
There are several things to take into consideration when deciding to DIY (do it yourself):
- Money. It’s cheaper to create a site yourself, unless you consider the time you will put into learning how.
- Do you have the technical know-how to build it yourself, or can you learn?
- Are you a creative person?
- Will your site be simple or complex? In other words, do you have products to sell or is it an information site?
- Do you have the time and patience to create your own site?
Take the first step to DIY web design by getting a FREE WordPress Website Setup Checklist. You will also be directed to a Web Design program where you can learn all about setting up a WordPress website on your own.